Join Us Sabbath
Join Our Church
"The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. Now you are the body of Christ." 1 Corinthians 12.12, 27.
As Christians, we are members of God's household called to function, participate, and minister in a particular place within the body of Christ. A healthy body requires that each member do its part well. A healthy church requires the same: members that are sacrificially committed and well-equipped to do the works of service that God has prepared us to do.
More than that, being a member of Middletown Seventh-day Adventist Church is really about being part of a family. Membership goes beyond attendance at meetings or exclusive access to a website, it’s about being called to a higher degree of responsibility and service. Becoming a member at Middletown means that you are becoming a part of our family and are joining us on the most important and exciting journey you will ever take.
Why do you need a spiritual family?
- You Need Healthy Relationships
- "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the one who falls and has no one to help him up!" - Ecclesiastes 4.9-10
- You Need a Place Where You Can Use Your Gifts
- "Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you…" – 1 Timothy 4.14
- You Need a Place Where You Can Grow
- "They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, sharing in the breaking of bread and prayer." - Acts 2.42
- You Need To Belong To Something Bigger than Yourself
- "Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." - Romans 12.4-5
Why not make the move?
So you’ve checked out our site, seen who we are on Saturday, and become acquainted with some of our members—why not make the move to join our church? We’d love to have you get connected, grow in your walk with God, and become an integral part of what we’re doing to carry the gospel to the great city of Louisville. There are different ways of becoming a member. Consider one of the following:
Baptism is a big event here at Middletown, for it’s the beginning of a new journey of faith with Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us that all of heaven rejoices over one sinner who repents (Luke 15.10). Baptism by immersion symbolizes not only Christ’s death for us, but also our death to sin and new birth in Him. It affirms joining the family of God, and sets one apart for a life of service. Making the step to be baptized is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make, and we want to help you in every way possible. If you would like to be baptized you may contact the Church Office.
Membership Transfer by Profession of Faith
If you have already accepted Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord and have been baptized by immersion within a different faith tradition, there is no need to be re-baptized to become a member at Middletown. We simply ask that you meet with an Elder to become familiar with what we believe. Thank you for considering the possibility of joining us in reaching the lost for Christ.
To transfer your membership to Middletown from another Seventh-day Adventist Church is very simple. All you’ll need to do is fill out our membership transfer form online or contact Pat Rosenthal, the church secretary. Please make sure that you provide the Seventh-day Adventist Church you are transferring from and your current contact information.
For more information, please contact the Church Office.